Want to start your own “Renew” type project? Renew Australia has compiled a list of guides, tips, and other tools that will help you along the way. See the menu on the right for a full list of resources in this section and don’t forget to visit our Reading Room for more background ideas and information.
All resources in this section are released under a creative commons license — which means you can use them freely for non commercial purposes. However if you’d like professional advice, training, consultancy or information see the Our Services section for what we can offer.
We will be expanding and further developing this section over time in response to your questions and feedback.
- DIY Resources
- Approaching Property Owners
- Budgeting and costs
- Building community support
- Certificates of Use, Development and Planning Approvals
- Development and planning issues
- Do I Need to Involve the Council When Entering A Building?
- Establishing the right structure
- Finding artists to be involved
- Finding suitable buildings
- How Building and Planning Law Works
- Is a ‘renew’ project the right approach?
- Managing the Risks
- Matching projects to spaces
- Selecting the right projects
- Tips and tricks
- Understand the legal issues
- Tips on Inspecting Buildings
- When You’ll Need Development or Planning Approval
- Can You Apply for Exemption as a ‘Temporary Use’?
- Building Uses as Outlined by the Building Code of Australia
- Exempt Development?